Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Changes For the New Year

I'm sitting here in my office on this dreary Wednesday morning. We have had some changes recently. My husband is usually the one that doesn't do well with change, but this time I'm having issues. After 6 years of homeschooling my two children, Katie and Jay went back to private school this week. I miss them terribly! They come home in the afternoons with all kinds of exciting tales about their day. I'm trying very hard to be happy for them, but I'm not having much success. My list of things that I was finally going to have time for has been accomplished, my work is almost caught up and they've only been in school for 3 days! I guess I'm gonna have to find a new hobby. I wonder if this is what "empty nest syndrome" feels like?

Robert's daughter, Amanda, is getting married this weekend. She lives in Florida so he and his mother are going down for the wedding. I was going to go, but....well..... we won't get into that right now.

3 comments:

Kathy Bottoms said...

just remember :if there was not any "sand" in our lives there would ne nothing gritty to keep the cherys shiny. it will be OK!

Kathy Bottoms said...

ok that is suppose to read: if there was not any "sand" in our lives there would be nothing gritty to keep the cherrys shiny.(like they polish stones)

Northern Rebel said...

Naw... its just a 15 year old shouldn't b interested yet. They need ta finish school first (and college, if they r gunna take any). : ) That's just my feelings about it!