Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Stranger

Today is Robert's birthday! He is...well....I better not tell how old he is, he might get mad! :) I made him a cheesecake. It was a new recipe and it did not turn out very well. I wonder if me leaving out the 4 eggs had anything to do with it?

Megan and I went shopping last weekend. We didn't tear up the town too bad, but a few stores did tear up our checking accounts! ;) She's supposed to come over so I can help her make a new dress for Micah's graduation in August. Where are you, Meg?!

The kids are still on vacation so Robert and I were just sitting around drinking coffee when the dogs started barking. Max will bark at just about anything, but Henri rarely barks. When we heard him bark we knew something was out there. I went to the window and there was a car in the ditch beside our driveway. Our neighbor, Danny, pulled her out with his truck. She was very upset so Robert told her to pull into the driveway and calm down. I thought she was just upset about running into the ditch, but it was more than that. We tried to get information out of her, but all she could do was sit in her car and cry. We finally did get out of her that she was having "man trouble". Robert and I told her that it was no accident that she ended up in our ditch. We told her that she now has two people praying for her. My heart is burdened for her. I don't know her circumstances or background, but I do know the One that is in control. We gave her a church invitation with our phone number. This could be her opportunity. I hope and pray she does the right thing.

1 comment:

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

How wonderful that she "happened" to get into YOUR ditch!! A great opportunity to pray for this lady.

Also,.....You have been tagged............go to my website for the rules.