Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm back!

Wow! It's been awhile hasn't it? Things have been absolutely crazy for us recently. Not too long after my last post I took Katie and Jay to Alabama to youth camp. What a blast! As the youngest "adult" there I worked mostly with the activities. We had water fights, volleyball, scavenger hunts, and much more. I'll post a picture of what some of the boys did to my van on the last night. After youth camp the kids and I drove from Alabama to Pennsylvania for our church conference and camp. We had to be in conference at 8:30 am on Saturday. We left Alabama at about 11:00 am Friday morning and made it with about 2 minutes to spare. What a whirlwind. Camp was awesome! The preaching and singing were wonderful. God's presence was everywhere!

Katie has started back to school. She is so motivated! I'm very proud of her. She will be 15 in a few weeks and of course is bugging her Dad and I about getting her permit. We made her a deal. If she finishes all of 10th grade (except for Algebra 2) by Christmas we'll take her to get her permit in January. It'll be interesting to see if she can do it. She can accomplish quite a bit when given a challenge.

Jay is dragging his feet about school. He's the opposite from Katie when it comes to motivation. He takes a lot of "encouragement". He would much rather be playing his guitar or talking on the phone. He has had quite a few new girls calling him since camp. Makes me feel kind of old. Oh, well. Since I'm now feeling old and depressed I think I'll take myself to bed! Goodnight! If you think of us pray for us!

No comments: