Monday, August 25, 2008

Satisfied

All my life-long I had panted
For a draught from some cool spring
That I hoped would quench the burning
Of the thirst I felt with-in.

Feeding on the husks around me
Till my strength was almost gone
Longed my soul for something better
Only still to hunger on.

Poor I was, and sought for riches,
Something that would satisfy;
But the dust I gathered round me
Only mocked my soul's sad cry.

Well of water, ever springing,
Bread of life, so rich and free,
Untold wealth that never faileth,
My Redeemer is to me.

HALLELUJAH! I HAVE FOUND HIM - WHOM MY SOUL SO LONG HAS CRAVED!
JESUS SATISFIES MY LONGINGS; THRO' HIS BLOOD I NOW AM SAVED.

- Clara Teare -

This is one of my favorite hymns. I am so thankful that I finally realized that Jesus is what my life was missing!

2 comments:

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

This is also one of my favorites!!! The words are beautiful and paint vivid pictures. HE truly SATISFIES the spirit!!!

Kathy Bottoms said...

those are great pictures of the kids